June 9, 2018

Realistic ~ PA-95 Public Address/Sound Reinforcement System

~   
In the late seventies, I started my production company and over the years graduated to many different sound equipment configurations (link below).   

The Realistic PA-95 Public Address/Sound Reinforcement System was the first one I used with a Peavey XR 800 mixing board (link below). The PA-95 did what I needed for that point in my career. It was the one I was using when I met John Handy; more on that in a later blog.       
     
The PA-95 retailed for around a hundred dollars and I had four of them that I used; sometimes only as a pair, at others all four. They were amazingly efficient and really blasted out when it was needed. There are simiar systems still on the market; Check the Guitar Center (link below).



  
 SPECIFICATIONS
Power Handling Capability : 100 watts
Frequency Response : 100 - 20.000 Hz
Impedance : 8 ohms
Speaker Complement : Two 10" (25 em) woofers,
              One 2" x 5" (5 em x 12.7 em)
              piezo horn tweeter
Sensitivity: 95 dB for 1 watt input (at 1 meter)
Dimensions: 30" x 13" x 8'1:." (HWD)
         76.2 x 33 x 21.5 em (HWD)
Shipping Weight: 26.67Ibs. (12. 1 kg)


A few years later when my productions began to grow, I advanced to the Acoustic Control Corporation PA3115 stage monitors (link below).    


photos by Styrous® 










spec sheet













Viewfinder links:    
   
Acoustic Control Corporation PA3115 stage monitor       
Peavey XR 800 mixing board        

 Net links:    
   
Quitar Center ~ Kustom PA PA50 Personal PA System     
Realistic ~ PA-95 Public on Craig's List   


     
     
      
Styrous® ~ Saturday, June 9, 2018       



















No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.