June 29, 2018

Mexicali Rose ~ R. I. .P.

~



 

photos by  
Styrous®




After 91 years, Mexicali Rose in Oakland closed today. I was so sorry to hear this as it is the second of my favorite Mexican restaurants to close. The first was Mario's La Fiesta in Berkeley; it had closed after 50 years.         

The line of people to get in to have lunch for the last time went all the way around the block; who knows how long they had to wait. I wasn't one of them.  
               
         









Over the decades I had many wonderful lunches there. I don't recall ever having dinner. I didn't  have time to find photos I've taken there over the years for this post. As I find them, I'll add them to this post.     

               
      
     
         
            
        
Net links:       
              
ABC News ~       
Mercury News ~                 
SF Chronical ~    
        
              





Aye, chihuahua!

          
              
            
Styrous® ~ Friday, June 29, 2018         
             
            

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.