June 27, 2018

Gay Pride Day ~ 2018

~     

It seems my life has always been run by Chance Operation and manages to take me to unexpected and, usually, delightful places. I had not planned to go to the Gay Pride activities on Sunday but at the last minute I had to run an errand in the city.   
    
        

Civic Center Plaza   
photo by Styrous®


      
After my errand, I took my time over a delightful lunch at, Poc-Chuc, a restaurant in the Mission (link below). As I was already in the city, I had decided to attend the festivities at the Civic Center Plaza so I hopped on BART and headed to the Plaza. BART is always a hoot to ride when there is a major event happening; it brings out the crazy in people.


Civic Center BART station
photo by Styrous®
      
I had a lot of fun photographing the energized crowd at the event (link below). Everyone was happy to mug it up for me. Everywhere was happiness, everyone was rejoicing and Smirnoff was on stilts. What more could you ask for.   


photo byStyrous®

        
We've come a long way since the days of Zebedy Colt (link below); the road was rough at times but it was always traveled with hope and joy.    
          
    
     
Viewfinder links:       
      
Poc-Chuc ~ Mayan Magic & Marvelous Music        
Gay Pride Day ~ June 24, 2018      
Zebedy Sings The Man I Love         
   
Net links:       
   
SF Pride     
List of Stages & Venues    
Images of Gay Pride   
Mic Network ~ 7 Facts You May Not Know About LGBT Pride  
        
Net links:       
   
Zebedy Colt ~ The Man I Love         
     
       
I sincerley thank the wonderful 
and generous people I photographed.

         

Styrous® ~ Wednesday, June 27, 2018     
      








No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.