June 25, 2018

Poc-Chuc ~ Mayan Magic & Marvelous Music

Poc-Chuc menu 
photo by Styrous®
      

Last week I was in the Mission running an errand and tooling down 16th street. I passed Poc-Chuc, a restaurant, I must have gone by a million times but never noticed. For some reason, on this day, I did. A GIANT sign over the front door proudly proclaimed, "Authentic Mayan Cuisine Restaurant"   


photo by Styrous®


I walked in, checked the place over and looked at the menu. While I was scanning the menu I listened to the music being played; it was cubias. I love cumbias! One day I'll have to do an article on them.

The name of the restauranat comes from a Mexican dish of meat, usually pork, marinated and cooked over a grill.      

The menu looked pretty interesting and the prices were reasonable, so, I sat down and made myself comfortable.                

Poc-Chuc menu detail
photo by Styrous®

           
I had a salbute, an empanada and a Negra Modelo; all for ten bucks! Now, I can't remember when I've been able to find a bargan like that!              


salbute and empanada
photo by Styrous®



The salbute and the empanada were out of this world, and you just can't go wrong with a Negra Modelo from Mexico.       


photo by Styrous®


The decore is pretty cool as well; Budweiser never looked lovlier . . . .     






 . . . and it was fun to take selfies!



photo by Styrous®


Poc-Chuc     
2886 16th St
San Francisco, CA 94103       
415-558-1583       
      
        
   
Net links:  
    
Mission Local ~ Cuisine from the Yucatán in the Mission       
My Receipies ~ Poc-Chuc receipe       
         
        
         
       
Styrous® ~ Monday, June 25, 2018     
       
          
~ 
~


















No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.