May 31, 2018

Beemer Memory 24: motorcycle gauntlets ~ 1972

~   













 photos by Styrous®







I bought these motorcycle gauntlets and my elegant 1972 BMW R60/5 "Toaster" motorcycle on the same day, forty-six years ago (link below). They saw a lot of miles as their condition testifies; they endured decades of sun blazing down on them and sometimes rain. They kept my hands warm and protected them from flying rocks; they were my guardian angels, so to speak.          

The amazing thing is I lost them several times over the years, left them in restaurants, theaters, all over the place. They kept coming back to me one way or another as if I was a magnet that attracted them. I even lost them along the highway on my final road trip (link below).    

                  
    




  


      






  



        
        
Viewfinder links:        
        
Beemer Memory 1 ~ the end & the beginning       
Beemer Memory 7 ~ the last run        
Beemer Memories       
        
        
        
        
My Beemer became history over five years ago; my gauntlets are still with me. They are worn and ragged but I  haven't had the heart to toss them, they have too many memories soaked into them.                
       

        
Styrous® ~ Thursday, the last day of May, the 31st, 2018    
        
         


~
~








No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.