July 6, 2017

Stereogram ~ Sonic & Visual 3D

Yello ~ I Love You 7" 45 RPM detail
detail photo by Styrous®


I've always been a sucker for 3D of any kind! I missed the first visual go-around in the 1880's but I caught the second one in the 40's and 50's. Ever since I was a kid I have been fascinated with the whole mystery of Stereopsis. Movies, magazines, the Viewmaster with its library of visual wonders were all intriguing to me.    

The visual was joined by sonic Stereopsis. I remember when Stereophonic sound entered the scene in the late 50's. It was a new dimension in audio listening and I was blown away by the miracle of listening to music as if I was actually in the concert hall; some albums even hyped that angle.  

And then there are the record albums. Albums produced with 3D effects on the covers have been ingenious and are a sight to behold. I have written blogs about some of them (links below) and links to more as I write about them will appear on this page; so come back from time to time to see what appears.   


              
            
               
        
       













No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.