September 8, 2022

Queen Elizabeth II Died Today

   ~  




























 
 
 
I heard the news of the death of Queen Elizabeth II this afternoon on PBS radio and instantly flashed back to the moments I heard about the deaths of both Kennedys on the radio. It is interesting to me that I should have heard about the death the most important people dear to me via radio as opposed to TV.
 
I thought to myself, it was another one of my "Immortal Loves" (link below) gone. When I was not even a teenager, I remember the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II with all the pomp and glory that accompanied it; I thought, what grand fun it must be only years later to discover she worked her . . . off to fulfill her duties.           

She was a grand lady and one of the last islands of sanity in our world. 
 

September 9, 2022
photographer unknown











Viewfinder links:        
         
Immortal Loves             
Queen Elizabeth II        
         
Net links:         
         
AP News ~ Queen Elizabeth II                
BBC News ~ Queen Elizabeth II has died         
CBS News ~ Queen Elizabeth II through the years            
        
YouTube links:         
                
ABC News ~ Remembering Queen Elizabeth II        
BBC News Channel 4 ~ Queen Elizabeth II dies aged 96        
Rest In Peace Queen Elizabeth II        
         
         




date & photographer unknown



         
         
         
         
Styrous® ~ Thursday, September 8, 2022       
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.