May 9, 2020

Immortal Loves

~      
There have been many famous people I have loved through my life and have always thought of as "Immortal"!

Cases in point are Pope Pius XII, my very first dose of mortality when I was a teenager, Lucille Ball, Debbie Reynolds, Elvis Presley, Anne Baxter, Ingrid Bergman, Marilyn Monroe (I was totally in love with her, who wasn't?), Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, Van Cliburn, Leonard Cohen, Miles Davis, Divine, Fats Domino, Carrie Fisher, George Harrison, John Lennon, Sandra Sakata (link below), Celeste Holm, Whitney Houston, Patti Page, Michael Jackson, John Fitzgerald Kennedy (his was the most shocking), B. B. King, Jon Lord, Jayne Mansfield, Leonard Nimoy, Prince, Lou Reed, George Romero (I expect him back any day now), Inger Stevens, photographer Jim Stewart (link below), Joan Sutherland and on and on. It was a complete shock to me when each and everyone of them DID die.    

I KNEW they were not immortal but they were so much bigger than life in my mind that I could not comprehend their death until it actually happened. The death of Little Richard today (link below) brought me to post this entry to the Viewfinder.   
       
        
Viewfinder links:          
          
Lucille Ball ~ Wildcat            
Van Cliburn            
Goodbye, Little Richard!           
Meat Loaf ~ A slice of Heaven               
Sidney Poitier             
Prince         
Lou Reed ~ Transformer             
Sandra Sakata        
Jim Stewart          
          
         
Guess what?
They ARE immortal because 
they live on in my mind & heart!
       
           
Styrous® ~  Saturday, May 9. 2020       
      
      











No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.