June 30, 2015

Barcelona ~ ¿Qué pasa en Vinçon?

Today one of the most beautiful stores in the world is closing its doors and it marks the end of an era in Barcelona.  

   
Situated on the Passeig de Gràcia, Vinçon opened its doors in 1941. Henry D. Levi and D. Hugo Vinçon founded the first store under the name, Gift Hugo Vinçon.

Vinçon was near the famous building by Antoni Gaudi, Casa Milà (Catalan pronunciation: [ˈkəzə miˈɫa], Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkasa miˈla]), popularly known as La Pedrera

I loved wandering through the store, savoring the many amazing items for sale as well as the visual bombardment on my eyes. No matter what they carried, it was the height of design. I bought a few items there and enjoyed them tremendously. My favorite was a brilliantly designed olive oil dispenser, I bought several for friends as gifts in 2007 as well as the one I still enjoy to this day. 

Vinçon oil dispencer  
photo by Styrous®



Vinçon will be missed. 



Styrous® ~ Tuesday, June 30, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.