July 13, 2020

Happy Birthday Captain Jean-Luc Picard

~   
Patrick Stewart (aka, Captain Jean-Luc Picard) - July 20, 2019
photo by Gage Skidmore 


I have watched and been a fan of Star Trek since the sixties. It was 1966 or so and I only had a black and white TV with rabbit ears as it was over-the-air broadcast television signals from a television station. not cable; I didn't get a color TV until sometime in the seventies. When I did I saw reruns of the show in color; I had never realized they were originally in color! And the colors! Oh, my god!    

So, I completely fell in love with it all over again soaking up the over-saturated colors in a smoke-filled bedroom/kitchen/bathroom all-together studio. It is only now sinking into my addled brain the show was only on for three years! But what an impact it had on the world!       

Then in the eighties The Next Generation was released and I was totally blown away with it. I had loved the original series with all its faults and even though it was funky sometimes. The Next Generation was none of that! It was crisp, clear and clean except where it shouldn't be, b. Brilliantly filmed, directed, with a well written skript and REAL actors. The casting of Patrick Stewart for the role of the captain was brilliant! So, I fell in love with The Trek saga again!     

Today is the birthday of the Captain of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D, Jean-Luc Picard, aka, Patrick Stewart.          
          
           
         
"No being is so important 
that he can usurp the rights of another."
                       ~ Jean-Luc Picard
           
       
Viewfinder links:      
     
Patrick Stewart      
all things Star Trek      
       
       

     
 Thank you for all the 
wonderful evenings in front of my TV
Happy birthday, Patrick!



      
Styrous® ~ Monday, July 13, 2020      














No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.