September 11, 2016

September 11, 2001, 8:46 a.m.



I can't believe it's been 15 years since the horror that occurred in 2001 at 8:46 a.m. (EDT), when an airplane crashed into the World Trade Center and our world was irrevocably changed forever.     

I had heard a plane had crashed into the building so I got to a TV to find out what had happened. I was watching when the second plane hit the second tower. I was shocked with disbelief; riveted to the screen with the realization that one plane would have been an accident; two was not!   

As I continued to watch, I saw what I thought were pieces of the building falling into the street below. Then I realized those were people falling, jumping to escape the flames; I was stunned and frozen.    

I will never forget were I was and what I felt nor have I ever gotten over that day.   


photo by Todd Watts 1972
Gelatin silver print 



Styrous® ~ 8:46 a.m. (PDT), Sunday, September 11, 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.