February 3, 2015

Metròpolis Barcelona ~ 2006


When I was in Barcelona in November of 2006, I stumbled upon a huge exhibition housed in a white inflated dome smack in the middle of Plaça de Catalunya




The title of the exhibtion was, "Metropolis Barcelona - El Pojecte Comú" (Catalan for "The Common Project") and the theme seemed to be, "The Future Is Now!". It was part of Barcelona's metropolitan plan for the future of the city.


There were huge aerial photographs of the streets of the city on the floor that you could walk on, which was a bit disorienting at first but a visual sensation once you got used to it. There were balconies from which you could look down at the photographs of the streets. Of course, I had to get a shot of El Raval where I was staying at the time and where I would live four years later in 2010 (link below). 



below are images I got 


(click on any image to see slideshow)


































Styrous® ~ Tuesday, February 3, 2015 

1 comment:

  1. I remember this exhibition en Plaza Catalunya, Barcelona. Thank you for sharing with us the photos you have from it.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.