July 23, 2026

David Essex ~ Rock On

 ~     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
      
     
David EssexRock On   
45 RPM single      
    
 

Today is the birthday of one of my all time, favorite musicians (I know you've heard that from me before); David Essex. A self-taught pianist, he only had one Top 40 hit single but that HIT, Rock On, has resonated vibrantly through the decades and especially with me!      
 
A few decades later, 1989, Michael Damian revitalized Rock On in SPADES! I will never forget the first time I Heard it. That gentle, reverberating, hesitating beat that gently lulls you into a sensually charged feeling then, BAM! your slammed into a sensually charged HUMP beat!  Oh, ma gosh!       
 
 
 
In 2006, Def Leppard covered Rock On with sensitive understanding! When I first heard they had covered the song, I was expecting a hard rock dynamo to burst forth but it is a slow, sensual march until halfway through when it bursts out!                   
 
 
 
 
 
Don't forget to Rock On! 
      
     
     
     
Viewfinder links:       
         
Guns N' Roses        
Michael Damian         
      
Net links:       
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
     
YouTube links:       
 
Michael Damian ~ Rock On        
Def Leppard ~ Rock On               
David Essex ~ Rock On         
        
        
        
         
        
        
Styrous® ~ Thursday, July 23, 2026



















No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.