April 7, 2024

Death of an American Airlines plate

 ~     




 
photos by Styrous®
 


 
 
One of my favorite plates broke today. I used it as an hors d'oeuvres plate; it was 5-1/4 inches in diameter and though tiny, discreetly elegant.    
 
 

 
 It was an American Airlines plate from the sixties, a time when ladies dressed up and wore white gloves and men (and boys) wore business suits, white shirts and neckties to go on a flight to somewhere and the experience was luxurious. A time before the herding of passengers like cattle that we experience when flying today. I wrote about that long ago time and this plate in 2018 (link below).     
   
I have had many wonderful treasures I have cherished over the decades that have been lost, broken, stolen or given away. When I was young and this happened, I would lament, even cry at times. As I have gotten older I no longer feel sadness nor loss for the item; now I rejoice over the pleasure it has given me for the time, no matter how long, I've had with it. I feel gratitude for the happiness it gave me.            
 
 
        
     
Viewfinder link:       
       
YouTube link:       
       
          
             
Styrous® ~ Sunday, April 7, 2024 
   
  








  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.