June 26, 2023

Polytechnic High School shield - 1957

 ~       
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Polytechnic High School shield - 1957
 photo by Styrous®
 
 
 
WOW! I was rummaging through old boxes and came across my old Poly High shield. The memories that flooded through my mind were asounding!
 
I can't believe it's been sixty-eight years, around this time of year, since I ended my first year at Polytechnic High School in San Francisco, California! I was revved up* and ready for a luxurious summer vacation.   
 
My previous summer vacations had been in elementary school and the summers had stretched out for what seemed like forever! I was ready for THAT! But a strange thing happened to me that year.
 
The summer went by in a flash! The next thing I knew I was getting ready for the fall semester. I remember being stunned that summer was over. What happened? Where did the time go?       

After that year, I NEVER had a summer that lingered anywhere near like they did when I was a kid (the one exception was a week I thought would never end in Midland, TX) A new perception of my world, my existence had been born.          
 
The shield is the same material as my Polytechnic High School pennant, black and dark red felt (my favorite color combination). I bought the pennant during my first year there. It  also brought a flood of memories when I found it a few years ago (link below)!             
       
        
Polytechnic High School pennant - 1956
 detail photo byStyrous®

It's strange! I'm just now realizing, while holding my shield in my hand, when the end of my childhood innocence took place. 


All hail to Polytechnic!
            

*Dictionary.com:
The verb rev is an abbreviation for revolution, alluding to the rate of rotation of an engine. The idiom dates from about 1920 and has been used figuratively since the mid-1900s.     
 
 
 
                     
Viewfinder link:          
           
The Poly Math*          
          
Net link:                     
          
          
          
          
          
          
          
          
          
Styrous® ~ Monday, June 26, 2023          
          
          












 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Great memories to be featured on your wonderful blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memories posted on your blog are a proud history of your rich life. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.