September 11, 2021

World Trade Center ~ September 11, 2001

   ~        
 
photo by Bill Pierce/Getty Images

 
 
On September 11, 2001, the iconic World Trade Center was destroyed. Today the entire nation is honoring the many people killed in the event. 
 
I choose to recall my one and only memory of the towers which was on the first time I was in New York City in 1983. A friend told me to take the bus from the airport to the terminal in the basement of the tower where she met me. She said she wanted to show me something and took me on the elevator to the top of the building to the observation deck called the Top of the World.             
 
I must have seen the city on the way in on the bus ride but I don't remember seeing the city, however, I will never forget the moment of my very first view of New York from the top of the tower. By this time it was early evening and the city sparkled like an incredible display of jewels; it literally took my breath away and I was speechless! This grandeur is what I want to remember and honor.   
                    
        
        
        
Net links:        
       
History.com ~ World Trade Center        
Port Athority Police ~ World Trade Center       
ThoughtCo. ~ World Trade Center        
        
YouTube links:        
       
EarthCam ~ 20 Year Time-Lapse - Rebuilding the World Trade Center   
        
         
        
         
        
Styrous® ~ Saturday, September 11, 2021                 














No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.