September 4, 2018

Polytechnic ~ first day of school

   
Years ago on this day, the first day after the Labor Day weekend, about the same time of day, I would have finished my summer vacation from school and would be getting ready to return to school for the winter semester. I remember how much I hated and dreaded this day every year.     

However, 60 years ago on this very day I would not be returning to the school I had been attending for three years, the San Francisco Polytechnic High School, and I was deliriously happy; I would be going off to college instead.      

I just got the notice that this month the Polytechnic Alumni Associateion will hold it's 4th Annual luncheon and it reminded me about that first dreary day of school after a summer vacation.

It seems so bizarre to me that it's been 60 years since I graduated from Poly.       


  
       
Viewfinder link:          
       
The Poly Math      
     
Viewfinder link:          
       
    
     
      
      
Hail, Poly!
       
        
           
       
Styrous® ~ 8 AM, Tuesday, September 4, 2018     
     












No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.