October 10, 2024

Christine's purse

 ~     
       
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today, October 10, is mom's birthday. One of the iconic images I have of her, and burned in my memory, is this one taken by a street photographer in 1948 while she was walking down Market street in downtown San Francisco with a newspaper under her arm and a purse slung over her wrist, totally in style, on and radiantly beautiful!       
 
 
Christine - 1948
 
 
I remember the purse, it was made of brown leather, maybe but I'm not sure, and the triangular pieces at the top, the opening of the purse, were a dark but transparent red; or maybe it was all reversed. I can't remember.               
 
I went online to find an image of a purse like it to see what color the whole thing really was but there was absolutely not a single purse I could find like it. 
 
In the process of searching I did come across many wonderful sites and the best one I found was Vintage Dancer that had a terrific collection of purses from the forties as well as other items from that period. Check it out (link below).    
       
        
Viewfinder links:        
       
Christine             
       
Net links:        
       
Vintage Dancer purses             
 
YouTube link:        
       
Purse links             
       
           

Happy birthday, Mom!
       
       
       
       
Styrous® ~ October 10, 2024            
       




No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.