July 11, 2016

Zapodorada?




 
 
photo by Styrous®


I was asked what "Zapodorada" means.  





This is a legitimate question as the word makes no sense in Spanish, English nor any other language. So, here's the story. The image was originally titled, "Shoe". Pretty exciting, eh? So, I renamed it, "Shoe Under Golden Light". In Spanish, that translates to, Un zapato debajo de la luz dorada. 

Now, though it's not unusual to have long titles (I have a work with a much longer name), Un zapato debajo de la luz dorada is cumbersome, so I took the zap and o from zapato and added the dorada. Ergo: Zapodorada. And anyway, it's my birthday and I can name it whatever I like.    


As Edith Ann would say, 
   
 

Zapodorada is showing in the exhibition currently at the Gray Loft Gallery in Oakland until August 12, 2016.


summer salon
July 8 – August 12, 2016

Closing (2nd Friday) Reception: 
August 12, 6 – 9 pm

Gallery Hours:   
Saturdays, 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Sundays by appointment








Gray Loft Gallery
2889 Ford Street, 3rd Floor
Oakland, CA 94601
GrayLoftGallery@gmail.com
www.grayloftgallery.com
510.499.3445




Styrous® ~ Monday, July 11, 2016











No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.