February 8, 2011

Styrous® Statement

~
People are fascinating to me. I find a human face or figure a world I can become lost in while exploring it; seeking its mysteries and presenting the beauty I find.

After practicing traditional photography all my life, printing what was shot with no manipulations, I am now investigating a new approach. I am experimenting with photo manipulation in what I call, “photo de/re-constructions”; deconstructing photos I've shot over the years and re-assembling elements from them in a different way. Then, in my printing process, I use ink, thermal dye-transfer, over-printing and other methods, layer on top of layer or juxtaposed. I'm also experimenting with using materials other than traditional photographic paper on which to print.

I process and print my work with what John Cage called, "Chance Operation". Because of "Chance Operation" my work is subject to a myriad of variations in each step of the process so each print is unique in some way, a one-of-a-kind monotype.

You can see my work on my website. And my new process on my blog.

I’m having fun with my new work for the moment. I hope you do as well.

Styrous® ~ February 8, 2013

~




~

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.