October 3, 2014

Peavey XR 800 mixing board


In 1977, I had an accident while dancing. It involved a two year recovery during which time I had to figure out some way to earn a living. I couldn't do the physical work I'd done all my life. So began the rudimentary steps to slowly building the production company I ran for 20 years.

It started simple, just designing sets (acts) for the girls I had danced with on Broadway in SF (see link below); putting together music, choreography, costumes, etc. By 1981, it had branched out to include larger productions, dances, weddings, birthdays, Bar and Bat Mitzvas, etc. Eventually it grew into private events, theater and dance performances, fashion shows, etc. But at the beginning, I needed a sound system for the productions I produced as I was not always able to rely on the systems available at some locations. The power house for my system was the Peavey XR 800 mixing board.






The Peavey XR 800 was copyrighted in 1979; I bought mine in 1981, so, it was state of the art at the time. It was manufactured in Meridian, Mississippi USA.


What a great sound board it was; it delivered all the power and features I needed. It was a dream but, as with my BMW of forty years (link below), it is time to part with it. 


 









Stats

8 channel powered console style mixer, equalizer and effects reverb
measures: 23.5" wide, 9" high and 32" deep 
weight: 52 lbs.
mixer has two 200 watt power amps (at 4 ohms) in it 

According to the Peavey manual, the rear power amp output is labeled 200 watts at 4 ohms. That means you can connect two 8 ohm speakers in parallel or one 4 ohm speaker to each of the two power amp out jacks.












Peavey XR 800 operating guide














schematic details

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.