October 13, 2015

Acoustic Control Corporation PA3115 stage monitor


My relationship with the Acoustic Control, PA3115 speakers started in 1977 with the accident in which I injured my back. I was dancing at the Hungry i on Broadway in San Francisco (see link below) when it happened and I was two years in recovery. During the recovery, I realized I would no longer be able to dance and I had to figure out what I was going to do with the rest of my life. I started out working behind the scenes with the people I had danced with helping them produce their shows.   

As I had an extensive music library (see link below), I started to DJ for events in 1979. This required a sound system I could travel around with. The nucleus was my Peavey XR 800 mixing board (see link below) and the AC PA3115 speakers, four of them. Why four? I needed to play halls and auditoriums for large crowds for the events, fashion shows, dance performances, theater performances, etc. that my work eventually evolved into. It was an amazing career that lasted over 20 years and I still have the setup. 




Stats

Acoustic Control Corp. stage monitor
Model: PA3115
26” high, 20.5” wide, 16” deep
approximately 50 pounds 
Eminence 15" woofer speaker
Foster 025N30 4”x10” horn
2 8 OHMS inputs in rear 
Tolex covering




"Sound levels may exceed 120dB 
within 10 ft. of this enclosure"
S/N PA3115-01819 D  
Acoustic Control Corporation
PA3115 stage monitor rear inputs
photo by Styrous® 






 Foster 025N30 4”x10” horn








These speakers can really blast out the sound!






PA3115 stage monitor mounted on tripod








What a dynamic setup this is! 
And what fun we had together! 




Styrous® ~ Tuesday, October 13, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: comments are moderated BEFORE they are posted so DO NOT appear immediately.

Thank you.